Duties & Responsibilities
• Utilizes the computerized maintenance management system (SAP) to plan and track and update work orders through completion and write purchase requisitions as necessary.
• Continuously monitors and validates the accuracy of parts required to execute work orders.
• Provides required work progress reports.
• Assists with equipment troubleshooting on difficult to resolve problems.
• Participates in training of staff E & I technicians. In conjunction with E&I Superintendent, identifies individual training requirements for each technician and maintains a department training plan, including implementing an OTJ program
• Manages E & I safety meetings, coordinates with Health and Safety Manager on meeting topics that are relevant to the E & I crew including NFPA7OE and other subjects. Tracks safety issues brought up by the crew. Prepares daily safety brief for morning team meeting. Provides feedback to E&I Superintendent on issues needing attention.
• Conducts housekeeping & safety walk-downs of shop areas, work-spaces and general areas around mill. Report findings to E&I Superintendent.
• Writes standard operating procedures as required to ensure standardized repair procedures.
• In coordination with the E & I Superintendent, works with Reliability Manager to ensure reoccurring problems are addressed and conducts failure analysis of electrical and instrumentation failures. Participates in departmental reliability meetings.
• Plans and supports work outside the core E&I functions as able. This includes pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, etc.
• Supervises and directs activities of E&I technicians and contractors for electrical and instrumentation maintenance work
• Oversees contractors to ensure work is performed to code and as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Two years of post-secondary education or five years relevant manufacturing experience
• Specialized training in the mechanical/electrical field
• 3-5 years planning and implementing maintenance projects preferred
• Experience developing and teaching training programs, preferably in an industrial setting
• Must have excellent time management and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Competent in Microsoft office Suite. Prior experience with SAP a plus.
E-mail resumes to email@example.com