Duties & Responsibilities
- Function as a process troubleshooter and provide CSF with forward thinking and technological advancements that will provide a competitive edge.
- Perform process analysis, process improvement, scoping studies, front-end process design work, and/or collaborate on process designs with contractors and consultants.
- Troubleshoot and maintain database, software and configuration Foxboro I/A, Bailey Net 90, and/or ABB. • Monitor and identify mal-performing field instruments impacting control loop performance.
- Tune existing process controllers. Develop and implement process control schemes and control techniques.
- Perform routine software maintenance of configuration Foxboro I/A, Bailey Net 90, and/or ABB DCS systems.
- Assist project engineers and develop new control schemes
- Develop and review control logic for project designs, including P&ID and logic review
- Identify opportunities for APC in selective applications providing good business returns
- Maintain and optimize advanced process control programs
- Provide startup assistance and control modifications for new projects.
- Develop software, maintain existing controls, and maintain A/B PLC5/ Control Logix programmable logic controllers.
- Develop and maintain existing software for ParcView process monitoring systems
- Interface with IT Manager to determine best technological solutions to business and process control interfaces.
- Direct activities, work progress, scheduling and safety of E&I team.
- Be available to assist with troubleshooting and mentoring the E&I technicians.
- Develop and implement training plan for E&I team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Mill Manager or M&E Manager.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in a process based manufacturing company
- 5+ years in a supervisory role
- Strong attention to detail Ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Experience in a pulp and paper mill
- Desired Skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of pulp and paper equipment
- Ability to interface effectively with mechanics and operators
- Management of projects for safety, quality, cost and schedule