Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitor mill activities for compliance with health and safety guidelines
• Monitor the implementation and enforcement of safety requirements and advise the appropriate manager on safety implications generated by changing site conditions
• Commit majority of time in operations working directly with operators on a variety of safety related issues
• Maintain safety training records and provide safety briefings
• Maintain Safety Data Sheets and software
• Develop and conduct safety orientations and training
• Assist/Review subcontractor safety plans to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations
• Conduct hazard assessments and ensure appropriate control measures and safe work requirements are incorporated into work plans
• Inspect equipment, structures, and work in progress for compliance with applicable health and safety standards and specifications
• Assist/Approve changes to the health and safety process as necessary • Recommend corrective actions and measures to improve safety conditions
• Coach and mentor team members with safety leadership issues
• Provide comfort/assistance with injured worker care and management
• Interact with Vigilant with the management of WA worker’s compensation
• Lead all internal/local investigations and those needing support on external investigations such as DOSH
• Assist with all internal reviews by FM Global - fire protection insurance carrier
• Participate in the mill emergency response program • Participate on the mill central safety committee (CSI)
• Participate in employee involvement program (SafeStart)
• Manage onsite Security contractor
• Must have a flexible schedule to work shutdowns, weekends/on-call, or as needed to ensure the safety and health of the workplace.
• Bachelor degree in safety/health, engineering or business discipline and a minimum of 3 years of work experience in safety management in a manufacturing environment. Or 5 to 7 years of equivalent work experience in a safety management role in a manufacturing environment
• A recognized Safety Certification preferred, (i.e. CSP/ASSE; National Safety Council; CSM/NASP; CSHM/ISHM, Evergreen Safety Council, etc.).
• A recognized PSM Certification preferred, including auditing (ABS, etc).
• Pulp, Paper, or Forest Products experience preferred.
• Experience in a bleaching facility with process safety management (Methanol & Chlorine Dioxide) preferred.
• Proven track record of safety process improvements.
• Experience with Washington Department of Labor & Industries, safety regulations, and worker’s compensation system preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office programs (excel, word, outlook, etc.).
• Ability to listen, communicate skills written/verbal, effectively.
• Ability to work with all levels of employees, both management and hourly.
• Good organization and time management skills.
E-mail resumes to email@example.com